Sunday, February 18, 2007

Where are my dentures ?

when my son was deployed to Iraq the stress factor was horrible but little did i know who badly it could get on me. or what it could do. i did remember the time when my mom passed on and someone thought it would be nice if i went to the hair dresser, she was washing my hair and asked me if i was sick with something like cancer i said no. why do you ask she said your hair is falling out in large amounts. i said only thing happened to me in the past month was my mom had passed away in my arms. she said ok that would do this to me. i found with Ira in Iraq my hair was back to falling out not as badly but enough that i noticed it. and At the end of his 6 months there my teeth suddenly began to go bad. i would find myself going to the dentist and thinking oh great another filling fell out he will just put in a new one only to find he was pulling it instead. finally after loosing so many the dentists got together and recommended that we begin to pull them this all happened over a one year period the pulling here and there. before they said ok they all have to go. because i also ended up with an infection in there and it kept going away and coming back due to the teeth. i remember my son in law telling the kids you have to take care of your teeth or you will end up like your grams . that hurt alot and i mentioned it to the dentist the next time i was in there. he said not true Crissy this all began around the time Ira was in Iraq and we are all aware of the stress you were under your teeth were fine before that we think the stress of it all did this to you.
OK all that said to say this. i have been going through all this now for ages. last Aug is when they decided to take all the teeth. and they asked me then if it was OK for me to run around with out my uppers see i only lost those the lowers were on there way out too but what ever it was stopped finally when they pulled all the uppers. thank god. they took from October to November to pull them all. 4 the first time and then the last time the dentist said OK lets just take all the rest so he pulled all the rest 7 at one time.
i told him if i had a problem with going with out teeth for awhile then at my age maybe i should seek counseling. he smiled and we pulled teeth LOL
OK that was November. December found me finally going into another dentist for the dentures and i still had to have what was left of the lowers worked on by the other dentist at the same time. so for awhile i was averaging 2 appointments per week. oh goodie i love spending time at that dentist office LOL
were into February 2007 now. i spent December singing all i want for Christmas is my two front teeth , spent January remembering that i did sing that. and now February is here and i dreamed of false teeth instead of candy for valentines day and that came and went. sigh so when someone asked me how long it was going to be i said you know i haven't a clue but i am beginning to think they went on safari to Africa to hunt elephants because at this rate those things better be made out of ivory LOL and because if they had gone north to hunt for walrus's they would have been back by now LOL and i would be sporting some nice teeth LOL though the last appointment was February 4th and i got to visit with my teeth then. i say that because i got to try on the preliminary ones the ones that are wax with the teeth set in them. nothing like teasing me and making me wish. :( i don't mind going with out but i sure dream of the things i could eat with teeth LOL ok maybe st pats day huh if not maybe Easter. sigh we will see. right now my whole life feels like its on hold once in awhile that is how i feel. back to knitting and more am coffee.

No comments: