Tuesday, May 17, 2005

It was time to say see ya all to soon

So i went through graduation at the high school knowing full well time with my youngest child was marching by fast and soon I would be putting him on a plane and saying see ya soon and he would belong to the US Navy for about 5 years or so.
I tell you what. I was so proud of him when he ran down the isle to keep up with his class, yep , that is what he had to do because they turned him loose to late to be right behind the guy in front of him LOL
His graduation party was really wonderful and everyone knew in a matter of days he was leaving for basics. Clean across the country. So everyone invited showed up .
Then all to soon it was time to say see ya soon. And wave goodbye as his plane lifted off into the blue skies of that beautiful bittersweet Alaskan summer.
All I remember of that time was going home and crying for two weeks off and on. Some of it was from knowing my last child had left home and some was knowing there was no way I could talk to him on a daily basis like we had for years anymore . I kept thinking you know it would be far diffrent if he were in college I could talk to him every day if I chose too ,but with the military your at the mercey of there schedule if you get a call your lucky count your blessings .
so it took its toll on me the empty nest syndrome along with the Navy and the big question was now am I going to grow from all this too or just stay a crying blob for 5 years. Time would surely tell.

No comments: